I posted this to the blog of pro:campaigning:
“Listening first, selling second” is equivalent to what I say about Campaigning: first listen, then talk. The following video is an impressive summary of current figures and trends on social media and how they change the way we communicate and gives an impression what this may mean about how we do marketing and do business. A few quotes got my special attention:
- Facebook tops Google for weekly traffic in the U.S.
- 1 out of 8 couples married in the U.S. last year met via social media
- We don’t have a choice on whether we DO social media, the question is how well we DO it.”
- If Facebook were a country it would be the world’s 3rd largest ahead of the United States and only behind China and India
- 2009 US Department of Education study revealed that on average, online students out performed those receiving face-to-face instruction
- 80% of companies use social media for recruitment; 95% of these using LinkedIn
- The fastest growing segment on Facebook is 55-65 year-old females
Because of the speed in which social media enables communication, word of mouth now becomes world of mouth
For the full article: click here.